Sunday, December 16, 2012

ChoBani Greek Yogurt Mango!

Have you ever found yourself wondering down the yogurt aisle and just wanting to go yogurt crazy?With all the many different flavors and brands that sound so yummy. This is the one reason I hate  visiting my local walmart there are always many temptations.  I find myself with a new obsession that being GREEK YOGURT. Maybe, it was all those commercials that made it seem like greek yogurt was just pure heaven. To be honest with you...the right brand...and the right time...it could be pure heaven.
 
I so happened to be visiting wal-mart the other day when I stumbled upon Chobani.  I haven't heard of the company and didn't do my research before buying (impulse buying at wal-mart don't act like you don't know what I'm talking about.)  Anyway, I picked up the 16oz tub which only ran me $2.62 in the mango flavor. In future posts you will KNOW that I'm a mango nut. Anything with mango in it is in my house! 

On to my review!!!


When I opened up the tub of chobani I thought that I had picked up whipped cream. It was just so thick. On first opening it I dived right in without stirring...please on my WORD DON'T DO THAT. STIR IT UP!!!! I say that because it had a texture that was a little unsettling to me. After stirring it up I  noticed some pleasant little surprises in it!!! One is that it tastes way better stirred and two is that it had   ACTUAL MANGO!!  To me it was like finding candy in your lunchbox being in grade school. Overall, after stirring it chobani lived up to my $2.62 expectations in a good way. I can see using this yogurt in a smoothie or in some other crazy recipe that I haven't came up with yet. 


To me Chobani is one of those companies that hasn't gotten a lot of press but in a few years or months they'll be one of those companies that we'll never get tired of.

 

Nutritional Info for Chobani 2% Greek Yogurt
16 oz
Calories: 215  Calories from fat: 35 
Total fat: 4g
Cholesterol: 7mg
Sodium: 87mg
Total Carbohydrate 28g
Sugars 27g
Protein 17g

Chobani does offer different recipes on their site to use with their yogurt!!!


Disclaimer: All products reviewed here were purchased by me with my own monies, unless otherwise stated. Reviews that are done on this blog is strictly my OPINION and isn't to harm the integrity of any company. 

No comments:

Post a Comment